Saturday, March 20, 2010

Brandi's Blog

Apparently, Brandi has been bored lately, waiting for her sweet little boy to arrive. I copied this from her blog!

I've been spending some quality time on google - searching for baby-related world record holders. Here's what I've learned:

The youngest mother recorded in history: Lina Medina of Peru gave birth to a son before she turned 6 years old. Apparently she began puberty at the age of 8 months! It was never discovered how she became pregnant - sad story.

The largest baby in history - a 23lb 12 ounce baby was born in Canada in 1879. Unfortunately he died the day he was born.

The smallest living baby born - a baby weighing 8.6 ounces at birth - she was born at 26 weeks gestational age, which is definitely not the youngest preemie - but 8.6 ounces, whoah!

Oldest mother recorded in history - in 2008, a 70 year old woman gave birth to twins in India.

Interesting, huh?

1 comment: