I spent a summer there with you all while I worked as a nurse's aide at one of the hospitals in Hammond. It was so much fun babysitting you "babies". I remember visiting Carol Jean's cousin Elizabeth (I think that was her name) and thinking how beautiful and sweet she was. And then there were snakes in the yard..........
Here I am. The house does look different. I'll have to find a picture of it when we lived there and compare. It did seem a lot bigger and the driveway seemed longer. I do remember the snakes though - and the neighbor kids!
One of our old next door neighbor kids, Belinda Welch is on my Facebook...Didn't we use to call her BooBoo? Aunt Margaret, I can't wait to be a Grandpa. I'm looking forward to it. I've already picked out a baby seat for the back of my bike.
No, but could it be y'all's old house in Ponchatoula???
ReplyDeleteIt looked a lot bigger when we were kids.
ReplyDeleteI spent a summer there with you all while I worked as a nurse's aide at one of the hospitals in Hammond. It was so much fun babysitting you "babies". I remember visiting Carol Jean's cousin Elizabeth (I think that was her name) and thinking how beautiful and sweet she was. And then there were snakes in the yard..........
ReplyDeleteah yes...the snakes...always the snakes...snakes in the yard...snakes on the porch...snakes when I was mowing the yard...AAAAUUUUGGGHHHHHHH
ReplyDeleteOh, like you ever mowed that yard. I loved that house. I loved the swamp in the back and the neighbor kids breaking in.
ReplyDeleteKeith, so good to hear from you! So you're going to be a grandpa!!! Wow, did you ever think you would have that title?
ReplyDeleteWhere's Sonya?
You, too, Anoyomous......say something!
Here I am. The house does look different. I'll have to find a picture of it when we lived there and compare. It did seem a lot bigger and the driveway seemed longer. I do remember the snakes though - and the neighbor kids!
ReplyDeleteOne of our old next door neighbor kids, Belinda Welch is on my Facebook...Didn't we use to call her BooBoo?
ReplyDeleteAunt Margaret, I can't wait to be a Grandpa. I'm looking forward to it. I've already picked out a baby seat for the back of my bike.