Thursday, September 17, 2009

I work for a Magnet Hospital!!!

This is such good news! My hospital, Memorial Hermann Memorial City, has just been designated as a Magnet Hospital. We had to submit an intense application to the American Nurse's Credential Commission, prove ourselves and then be appraised by 3 stern looking employees and then meet the approval of a committee! Magnet essentially means that our hospital attracts and retains the best nurses who are very professional and happy to be in an environment where they have autonomy and don't have to bow down to anyone!! There are only five other hospitals in Houston that are Magnet and they are all in the medical center. Memorial City is the only hospital in the vast number of hospitals that comprise Memorial Hermann health system that has the Magnet status!

BTY, Fern, I won't be calling you Saturday morning because I am going to a nursing convention here in town. I'll call you sometimes on Friday!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Sonya. I was beginning to think I am the only one reading the family blog!

    ReplyDelete