Sunday, October 5, 2008

My Weekend

I had a very nice weekend. Saturday, I colored my hair, went to the cleaners, grocery shopped and had lunch with Jack and then accompanied him to a movie. He has been so excited about seeing An American Carol. It was cute and good to invest money into a "conservative film" for a change. People even clapped at the end! Then Traci came over to use our computer for about 2 hours so she could take a test in peace and quiet. Brad and the girls came over about 6 pm for dinner and to watch the UT game. Caroline and Avery chose to spend the night with us. We watched "The Wizard of Oz" again and they loved it. I have tickets to take them to the theater this spring to see the play on stage.

I had told Brad that I would be taking the girls to church with us and I had hoped he would have them pack some acceptable church attire. This morning, I get dressed and so did they and I took one look at Caroline's short shorts and Avery's pink tee shirt with a zebra on it and I said, "We have 20 minutes, let's go to Target and buy some cute clothes!" Forty dollars later, we left the house for church. I wanted them so badly to go into their own class, but they are too timid so they insisted on coming to Big Church with us. Afterwards, we met Traci and Brad for lunch. "Wow", Traci said, "great idea, Brad. I'm going to send them yukky clothes every weekend until I get their wardrobe back to par!"

No comments:

Post a Comment